Automation for adding projects to Portfolio

Just adding to say this would be an awesome addition, if implemented! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also bumping this request. This would be HUGELY helpful in monitoring productivity based on team.

1 Like

Hi Everyone:

With v2 of the Project Templates this is possible, but only if your projects were created through that template. When you get to the final page of creating your project template, scroll to the bottom and you will see the option to add all projects to any portfolio(s) you desire.

This may not solve everyone’s issue, but it is a useful add for sure.

2 Likes

Anybody know if you can add the template itself to a portfolio? I used to house my similar templates in specific portfolios which made them much easier to find specific ones. This is now more difficult since it doesn’t appear that you can rearrange or re-order them in your team page. (I may have asked this question in another thread as well. If so I apologize, I often have lapses in memory.)

No, the new Templates 2.0 can’t be put into a portfolio.

(@Bastien_Siebman , maybe this is another PT 2.0 shortcoming for your running list, unless it’s already on there.)

What’s the use case for adding a template to a portfolio? :thinking:

Done, #20 Project templates V2: what we gain, what we lose

For instance if I have 35 templates in one team, I group like with like. Admin templates together, Construction project templates together, Request templates together etc. OR if 3 of those templates only affect the projects in one portfolio, it makes sense to group those templates with those projects. This was especially helpful since templates, like projects, could live in multiple portfolios. Either way I wouldn’t have to scroll and search through all the templates in my team home page every time. (Especially since you cannot rearrange or reorder the templates in the home page, and you can’t change the color to quickly identify like templates.)

One might suggest creating a different team for each of these functions, and while that does make sense, some templates need to be accessed by users who aren’t part of those teams. As it stands now since a template can only live in one team I would have to add the users to every team, or create a team just for templates that includes everyone who needs access to any/all of them (which is basically what we’re working with now.) This just seems like additional effort, clutter and superfluous teams, and returns us to the original problem of having to search through 35 templates.

It was just much easier to find a particular template when I could group them together in a more logical manner.

Any update?

No update on this topic @Nathan_YoMedia . We custom code this for our clients in the mean time.

Could you point me to the code for this?

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman Can you share your code please?

We sell the code or can offer it to our clients :slight_smile: you can fill in this form and we’ll be in touch! Loading... - Form by Asana

Bumping this. Would love the ability to create a rule that automatically moves projects marked as ‘Completed’ to an “Archived” portfolio after 1 week.

Rules in portfolios would be massive

2 Likes

I’ve thought about this (and also rules for projects)… :wink:

Our team would also greatly benefit from this feature

Our team would benefit from this so much! Wish it was a feature!

The more and more I use asana, the more I hate how much they refuse to add fair feature requests.

Desperately seeking this. It will help a lot. PLEASE!

Just wanted to add a +1 to this. Automatically adding projects to portfolios should exist.