Assign new tasks directly to a project (via siri)

I just have one project on my asana. And every time I create a new tasks via Alexa or siri I want this new task to be assigned to this certain project and not to the section “my tasks”. Is this Possible?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Eduard_Meider! If you wish to create a task in a specific project using voice recognition, you would need to open the project and tap the + icon to add a task.

You will be able to specify relevant information for your task before creating it, like marking a due date, editing the description or including someone from your team or organization as an assignee. However, it’s not possible to move the task to a specific section in your project.

cc @Bernie_Orelup since I believe you also use this feature! :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Emily, thank you so far. Unfortunately this was not what I was looking for.
I want to create the task without opening asana.

Imagine I’d say “Siri create task XY on asana”. Now the task will be created on asana at “My tasks”. But I want that every new task is by default not assigned to “My tasks” but to a certain project.

1 Like

Hi @Eduard_Meider. Unfortnately, you can’t allocate tasks within select projects using Siri. You would have to go into My Tasks and just select the project to link it to or use the Asana App as @Emily_Roman recommended . The Asana app is indeed quite easy to use in regards to voice recognition. Just requires a single click. I find it very useful and the dictation accuracy is better than Siri in my opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I usually do with the app is create task on the fly, they endup un “Recently assigned” and then I clean them up, change their name, add details and assign to the right project.

2 Likes