Asana2Go: Copy, export, and print from Asana flexibly (Free for most users/companies)

Dark mode for the reports or for the tool itself @jakez ? Because I believe you can fully customize the reports.

Hi @lpb Iā€™m testing A2G to print in pdf a task with iā€™ts substask and the descriptions of the subtask but I want to include the comments of subtask too. Is this posible in A2G?

Thank you and excuse my english.

Sorry, @Enric_Moreno, Iā€™m afraid A2G doesnā€™t support comments, sadly.

Thanks for your interest (and your English is great!!),

Larry

Thank you for your quick reply.

1 Like

Is there a way to edit the Cards view so that custom fields are each on a separate line? Currently, it looks like this:

We have a lot of custom fields, and when we print via Asana, theyā€™re never in the same order from task to task in the project, so I was hoping Asana2Go could be a workaround.

Welcome, @Kit_Stevens,

Yes, any of the standard outputs, including this Cards format, can be copied and edited fully in the in-app authoring environment, with a little knowledge of HTML (and the templating language).

This is shown at the end of the video linked in the OP, and thereā€™s in-app documentation and helpers in the authoring environment.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi,

Asana2Go is not working for me. After clicking View+Copy, it just keeps on buffering and doesnā€™t show anything up. What could be the problem? I selected different tasks and sub-tasks as well but didnā€™t make any difference.

Welcome, @Poojan_Modi,

I just DMed you here, so please reply on that DM thread or in email after youā€™ve tried what I suggested, so we can leave the Forum for Asana support.

Thanks,

Larry

Iā€™m finding more & more use-cases for Asana2Go, thanks for this tool, Larry! So very helpful! :rocket:

I could also see how having a taskā€™s comments pulled in would also be of great value! @lpb is this still not an option & is there any consideration into bringing a ā€œList - Task(s) Comment Exportā€ function into Asana2Go?

Thanks for all you do for the Asana Community, Larry!
-RW

Thanks for all those nice comments, @Rich_Ward!

For some technical reasons (and some resources-I-can-devote-to-a-free-app reasons!), Iā€™m afraid this is unlikely to be added; Iā€™m very sorry.

Thanks again,

Larry

Hey Larry,

What is likely hood of this ever being fully integrated into Asana versus a third party extension? Currently working on ways to create PDF Invoice we can send to customers, but using Asana in a Chrome Browser can be a bit of a drag. Thoughts?

Iā€™ve seen this multiple times before in threadsā€¦ Why Asana is incapable of producing a basic printed PDF thatā€™s legible is beyond meā€¦

@Nick_Cachiaras,

Iā€™m sorry to say that itā€™s not in the cards for Asana2Go to operate differently than as a (multiple) browser extension as it does now.

I donā€™t find working in the Asana browser version a drag; I only use Asana in Chrome on multiple platforms (and the mobile version), and not because of Asana2Go. But I know others have their preference for desktop apps.

I suspect Asana has chosen to focus its efforts on functionality other than PDF output due to market forces, but Iā€™m not privy to this information. (Or maybe they are loathe to take on the Asana2Go mighty market dominance :smiley: )

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like