Asana to Jira Server Integration: Does not sync Comments OR Sub-tasks

Hello Team,

The challenge I have with integration with Jira Server is:

1. It does not sync Comments - If Developers are using Jira and we are transferring a task from Asana to Jira, we want that all the historic communication in ‘Comments’ section is transferred over to Jira as well. But this doesn’t happen. Which means, all the historic conversation is not be visible to developers.

2. It does not sync Sub-tasks - Sub-tasks if created in Asana, should be transferred over to Jira as well, along with Due dates. It makes no sense that we need to re-create sub-tasks all over again in Jira, despite having an integration.

The integration is incomplete without ability to sync comments or sub-tasks. Could we get these features added to the current solution as well?

Thank you.

Regards,
@anon41024217

Thanks for creating this thread and sharing your feedback! I’ll keep you posted once we have any news about this feature!

1 Like

Same problem here!

Hi Guys!
Usually, comments and subtasks are crucial in any integration (apart from custom fields, and statuses).
I just wanted to let you know, that we’ve created an app available in both Asana and Jira Marketplace to integrate Jira (Cloud/Server/DC) with Asana.

The trial is for free - so give it a chance :slight_smile: In case of any questions, you can write to me directly at jacek@getint.io .
best,
Jacek
Co-Founder

I agree about the comments, but the workflow on my team wouldn’t need subtasks synced. I think a window similar to the Duplicate Task or Project window with checkboxes for all of the fields (allowing users to choose how much detail to sync) would be perfect to add to the Create New Jira Issue rule builder!

1 Like

Hi @anon41024217 , thank you for your feedback! Can you share more about how you’d imagine comments sync to work? In particular, which comments you’d like to sync over? Which comments don’t you like to sync over? Are there comments that some people should be able to see but not others? Curious to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

+1
We need comments* to sync in both directions.

Jira internal comments shouldn’t be sent to Asana, but we need Asana users to keep track of all communications via Asana. This isn’t possible, and creates having to do double work, when comments are not synced.