Asana sync to Google Sheets broken

A new user would need to do a support ticket to turn on the Google Sheet export option, as described here: How do I export a large project with custom fields and subtasks into a CSV or spreadsheet - #12 by Mihow

It’s possible that something has happened that means you need to file a ticket again, even though you’ve had this in the past. I would try that.

(NOTE: I am a user and customer of Asana, not employed by them. I help people here voluntarily. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Its the same issue though. The links between google sheets and asana are completely broken. You can’t tell us if the option to export a single project to google sheets was removed? This is super frustrating.

@Rebecca_McGrath, Did you feed back to Google that this is still broken for us? Asking for a client…

Thanks,

Larry

Do we already have feedback on a solution? my codes are broken because of this. is there a plan to tidy up?

Hi! Is there any update on this? Important data is held up due to the error. Thanks.

I guess this is a low priority, but it would be nice to get a update.

Waiting for support to get back to me to get the export feature turned on for projects is there any other way to find the URL to add to the script?

Hi, what is the status on fixing this issue? I am still experiencing this January 3rd 2023.

@Marie, I know you always update when there’s news so I hate to bug about this, but I have clients with work on hold awaiting this fix. I’d like to request that you escalate in your org to try to compel Google to remedy this issue quickly.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hi @lpb :wave:

I’ve caught up on this bug report (which includes 139 comments :sweat_smile:) and can share that our team has made a lot of progress, significantly reducing the number of users impacted by this bug. They’re still working on it in the hope of fixing it for every customer, but as it stands I do not have a reliable ETA.

If you’re stuck, I’d recommend bypassing the issue with a CSV export or creating a new spreadsheet when running into sync issues. I know this is far from ideal, but hopefully, it can keep you going while we find a permanent fix for this bug.

1 Like

Thanks so much, @Marie. This is great to hear and based on this, we’ll try again and see how it goes. I hadn’t been aware of the progress made, so this is good news, and hopefully they’ll be able to lick it completely, and totally understand it’s not possible to provide an ETA for that.

Larry

1 Like

This is now working fine for me after testing with a few updates over a few days. It properly updates hourly when there are changes.

As @Marie writes below, it may not be 100% fixed for all but for many/most impacted users, so it’s worth a try now, I’d say, if it hadn’t worked for you in the recent past.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

My org is also having problems with this issue. Any thoughts.

This issue is impacting my company’s operations. What is the latest update?

Hello… This Google Sheets sync issue is a big problem for our team. Are there any updates or targets for when this will be fixed?

Hi everyone, our team is currently monitoring the status of this integration, and proactively working with Google to solve the issues. We don’t have any ETA to share yet, but we’ll be sure to post any updates here. Apologies for the trouble!

2 Likes

Been affected by this issue pretty consistently for the last several months. Glad it seems to be getting attention, but this sporadic operability lends this feature to be pretty much non-usable in our day to day, despite how badly we need this sync to function across teams for reporting.

1 Like

Our Agency is also struggling with this. We need a way to regularly export data from Asana so we can create client facing dashboards. The Google Doc sync has potential but it’s buggyness is making it nonviable at the moment.

Hi @Liz_Silzle, sorry for the trouble. We don’t have any updates to share yet, but our team is still working with Google on a solution. We’ll keep you posted

hello, is this issue occurring again? I am experiencing today