Asana Release Notes March 2022

Hi all :wave:

:rocket: Please find our release notes for this month below :arrow_down:

• Workflow Builder : Create more efficient workflows using Workflow Builder, a visual tool to connect teams, organize work, and streamline projects in one place. Learn more about Workflow Builder
  • Redesigned Template Library : Find and save popular and recommended project templates. Explore new templates, including a selection from companies sharing their most successful workflows. Access the Template Library
  • Asana Home : Create a personalized layout on the Home view with customizable sections to prioritize your day, see relevant snapshots from across your team, and dive into the work that matters most. Get started with Asana Home
  • New project status: Complete : Track, report, and move work forward by marking finished projects as complete. Complete a project from the Status update drop-down
  • Report on completion metrics : Build charts measuring how long it takes to complete tasks. Use the Time to complete measure in Project Dashboard charts
  • Multi-select custom fields in Portfolios and Status Updates : Now search for tasks using a combination of multi-select custom field values in Portfolios and Status Updates.
  • My Tasks section mover on mobile : Move tasks between sections in My Tasks without leaving the task detail view on both Asana iOS and Android. Get started with Asanaโ€™s mobile app

As always, weโ€™re looking forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath
Was very excited about reporting on completion metrics - but this appears to not be available to all paying customers. :slightly_frowning_face:

Report on completion metrics : Build charts measuring how long it takes to complete tasks. Use the Time to complete measure in Project Dashboard charts

2 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath Hello! Can you give greater clarity on this feature? Screen shots or a video to explain how this enhancement works? Iโ€™m not very clear on it. Thank you!

Hi!

Did something in this update remove the Deleted Tasks link from our Home Admin Sidebar? I used to have a Favorites/Show More section, but now it is missing.

Now I only have the following displaying in my Home Admin Sidebar:

Home
My Tasks
Inbox
Reporting
Portfolios
Goals

*Then my list of projects

Invite teammates
Help & Getting Started

I deleted a task today and need to get it back - it was usually an easy thing to recover with the Deleted link.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for the update!

Are there any features in the Workflow Builder which are not available via Asana rules?

My first impression is that this tool is a new graphical user interface for Asana rules. And this is a bit confusing, since now we can achieve the same thing with two different tools in Asana.

2 Likes