Asana Outlook - create a subtask

I have just started using the Asana Outlook integration and love it. I would love it even better if I could create subtasks instead of tasks under a project. I do not see that option. Is it something that is in the works?

Hi @Eleni_Palmos,

You’re completely right, as it stands the Asana Addin for Outlook doesn’t allow to create subtasks, but this is definitely something we can look into in the future. I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more updates! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

3 Likes

I like the new Outlook integration; great addition.
Our team tracks our accounts at the Task Level, not project level for a bunch of reasons. Given that, I would like the consideration to add subtasks from an Outlook email. The workflow could be:

1. Search for Projects
  2. Search for Tasks (either sequentially or in parallel to step 1…if that makes sense)
  3. Once the Task is located, create the subtask
2 Likes

Hi @Brent_Rechtfertig :wave:t3:

Thanks for submitting your feedback and for taking the time to let us know why this would be useful to you and your team. We already have a thread on this topic, so I have merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback on this topic. Let me know if I can help with anything!

@Brent_Rechtfertig As developer of sendana.net the other Outlook Add-in, we are working on that addition right now. We are using the exact funnel down approach you suggested but one additional level being Sections. It is my postulate that users want to be able to place a task or sub-task exactly in their Asana application and have assistance showing a list of tasks or sub-tasks that fall under Project-Sections. In the event that a Section is not used they will still be shown but at the end or beginning of the list. Further thoughts are welcome.

1 Like

Great plan…I don’t quite follow the last sentence, referring to end and beginning of list…but it sounds thought out.

It means if when the project is queried for tasks or subtasks (you will be able to add a subtask to a subtask), if it does not fall within a section, it will be added at the beginning or end of the list and designated as No Section. We probably will display the hierarchy to make things easier to jog a users memory of what they are looking for.

any update on that part of the integration of subtasks via outlook in ASANA?

That’s not planned at the moment I believe @Marco36!