Asana Organisation/Projects not showing up in Zapier

Hey there!

I am trying to set up my first zap, however I can’t seem to select my current organisation/project. I have tried ‘Check Asana & Reload’ to no success. I can access the right organisation and projects in the Asana web app fine. Not sure what other things might be missing?

The zap is quite basic - it is meant to add a new task in an existing project when triggered.

3 Likes

@paulminors, I believe you’re using Zapier quite a lot, is this something you could help with?

@Erica3 do you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Thank you both!

A screenshot would be great. Are you sure you haven’t connected the wrong account by mistake?

1 Like

I am having the same issue at the moment. I’m certain the right account is connected because I am using that project and that organization on another zap create a long time ago.

For now I will be trying to use a custom value with the Project ID I find in the URL of the Asana Project I want to connect to and I’ll let you guys know if this works.

It’s happened to me in the past and all I had to do was log out and back in - this time it’s no bueno though

1 Like

I’m having this problem too. In Zapier, I’m seeing only old archived projects in the selection field. If I copy/paste the name of the project from Asana into the Zapier search, no bueno. I am definitely on the right account and workspace, because it’s showing the old/archived projects from that account. Something is broken, it seems…

1 Like

I had the same problem and wondered why there is no solution in this or the other forums chat concerning this topic. Do Project Boards show up as "projects" when creating a Zap - #7 by Jule_Greitemeier
Well maybe this could be helpful to some of you:
If you want to choose or search the “projects” or “board” in “set up action”-section in Zapier, you can only see and search in the displayed projects. If you want to show more projects of your asana organization, you have to click “load more”. Then the search go through all displayed. The more projects and archived projects your organization has, the longer the list zapier offers you gests and the more often you have to click load more.

7 Likes

Nice one! Obvious UX oversight from Zapier there…

2 Likes

Nice one! I had a feeling this was the case except I didn’t realize just how many times I’d have to click “Load More” lol It can be quite a few. Thanks!