Asana Chrome Extension thinks I'm not logged in

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Asana Chrome Extension thinks I’m not logged in…so I can’t right click and save a page into tasks…
Steps to reproduce:
Right click > Select ‘Add to my tasks’ > Fail
Browser version:
Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hey @Jon_Cunningham, welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Asana extension for Chrome. I was not able to replicate the issue on my end. To help us investigate this further, can you please confirm if you can see the Asana logo at the top-right corner of your screen? If you click it, does it show your correct profile and space? Are you seeing any error message when you select “Add to My Tasks”?

Thank you for your cooperation! Looking forward to your reply.

Hello!

• Can you please confirm if you can see the Asana logo at the top-right corner of your screen?

I do

• If you click it, does it show your correct profile and space?

It does!

• Are you seeing any error message when you select “Add to My Tasks”?

Cannot connect to Asana

Thank you for the additional details, @Jon_Cunningham. This is really odd… Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall this extension? If this doesn’t help, our Support team will be able to investigate this further for you. You can reach out to them following these steps

When you contact them, please include the link to this thread in your message, and if possible, a screenshot of the error message you are seeing. This way, you won’t have to repeat everything and it will be easier for them to diagnose the problem.

I hope this helps, Jon, and please let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I have rebooted the PC,

Updated the browser

Uninstalled and reinstalled.

Turned the extension off and on!

You name it - I have tried it!

Thank you for writing back Jon. I’m sorry to hear that none of the options has helped. Unfortunately, I can’t help you further via the Forum since we require information that can’t be shared publicly.

In order to investigate this issue further, please forward a screencast to our support team (screencast aren’t supported on the Forum). Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

Please have your Javascript console open in the screencast and try to include the entire browser window:

Also, please include the URL of this conversation in your message to the Support team so that you don’t have to repeat everything.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding!

1 Like