Archiving tasks in archived projects

Hi, I have archived a project as we have handed it over to another contractor but the tasks yet to be completed are still showing in my task list. Is there a way to remove an archived project’s tasks from your task list?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Charlotte

Only by unassigning them from you or marking them complete. Since it sounds like you won’t be doing those tasks any more, can you unassign them from yourself?

I was also going to point you to another discussion thread that covered this topic in more detail, but then I saw you already found it and posted there!

2 Likes

Thanks Phil, I could try unassigning them, can I do this in bulk?

Yes! You can use Ctrl-click or Shift-click (or the Mac equivalents) to select multiple tasks, then unassign in the right-hand pane and that will affect all selected tasks.

2 Likes

Hi @Charlotte_Tollervey! Welcome to the Forum :wave::grinning:

Adding to what @Phil_Seeman mentioned, you can find more information about the multi-select function in this article. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions :dizzy:

Have a great day!

1 Like

why is this a solution to the problem? Archived Tasks should not be in the active list by definition.

5 Likes

100% agree. This makes the My Tasks list useless — polluted by tasks from inactive projects. Insane that there’s no filter, like we see on the Team homepage.

This is a huge pain point for our team. We have well over 100 active, concurrent projects and often they are built from templates that have automatic owner assignment, even for optional tasks. When we complete and archive a project open tasks remain in my team’s My Tasks list, which renders this view totally useless … and this is a pretty important view.

We would LOVE to see a filter on My Tasks (like we have on Team homepages) where you can remove tasks from archived projects from your list. This seems like a total no brainer for the product team to implement.

We are drowning in archived clutter today and Asana users have been complaining about this since 2017. Is the product team not listening?

See here:

Has this been resolved at all? This is exactly our companies main issue with Asana. I would LOVE to be able to tell my staff to JUST look at My Tasks but at this moment they cannot because of the templates and archived tasks