Allowing for duplicating of Project Templates

Would need it as well in our organization. Having to create a template from scratch is time consuming. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Please add this feature, Thank you!

Please add this! Our agency needs this automation

being unable to duplicate a project template to review two template options is frustrating. Users need to sacrifice their current template setup (often losing work they had put in for the first option) or create from a template with the dependencies, project roles etc. to recreate a second version

1 Like

We really need this feature. It seems like a no brainer and really should be an integral part of Asana.

It would also be good if when Rules are used to create a new Project from a Template it would keep the dynamically assigned roles. We have to choose between manually using a template to get the dynamically assigned roles or assigning the roles manually (as the project owner of the first project is not the one to whom the tasks in the new project are to be assigned

5 Likes

We need this too. Time to add this feature.

Same here. The main reason that i have choosen Asana as the company project management tool is because of the templates. We use it to coordenate projects starting the operations of new hotels. I’d like to copy the template that i already use for when the hotel is not new, wich would require i few adjustments, but i don’t want to start from zero.

1 Like

Adding my voice to this, this would be an extremely useful feature!
My team wants to use it to duplicate existing templates so we can make changes and additions but preserve the old version.

2 Likes

This feature would be a major game changer and time saver! Please put on the top of your development list!

2 Likes

When I used the workaround today to create a project using the original template and used that project to make my new template, it did indeed migrate the relative deadline parameters. So that was nice :slight_smile:

Still want a “duplicate template” feature, though!

1 Like

Adding my upvote to this as well. I keep bumping into this need.

Will be amazing if we can have a “duplicate template” feature please.

1 Like

I completely agree! This is needed. I can use my first template to create a new project, then save that project as a template. However, that sends notifications to everyone who has tasks on the original template. In our case, we need to keep the assignees in the original template and change them in a new one. What a pain!

3 Likes

We absolutely need this feature. Makes our lives much harder since we are using it as a complicated event process that we need for different types of event and took us hours and hours to create the one since we go all the way into subtasks.

1 Like

Here to join everyone else in saying this should be a TOP PRIORITY feature addition. Not being able to duplicate a template is a huge burden.

5 Likes

We agree

That would be a complete game changer and save a lot of time.

2 Likes

Here to agree - would be helpful

Actually editing to add a point I don’t think anyone has mentioned yet. If I use the workaround of creating a project using the original tempalte everyone who is predefined as task owners on the original template are going to get notified of the new project with tasks due. That is so inconvenient as I need to make ~15 copies of the template

2 Likes

We need this option!!! Please. It take so much time to create a template and it would be so helpful! Thank you

1 Like

Hi Emily, do you have an update yet?

1 Like