Allow users to upload images (e.g., logos, photos) to serve as project icons

This feature would definitely support onboarding and transitions from other tools. I work for a project-based consulting company, and I need to be able to quickly scan through my clients and projects. The limited number of icons is a big challenge for us.

I’d love to see a model like 1Password uses: I can select from a limited number of icons, or upload a new icon to be used once. When I upload an icon, it’s not going to a library where I can select it later.

ETA Picture-- note the + to upload your own.
1Password Custom Logo

1 Like

Been an Asana user for two years, and still waiting for this basic feature. Everyone above me on this thread has said the same: this is one of those fixes that would add a lot of value at a seemingly low development cost. Help us out here!

It would be great to have the ability to upload a custom image/thumbnail to serve as the project icon instead of selecting one of the stock icons. We work on 100+ events a year and seeing a familiar event logo makes the project stand out in our workflow better.

That’s probably related to Custom Colors by Organization Defined in Admin Panel

I don’t work for Asana but I can understand why they wouldn’t allow it. One reason being that Asana could become really ugly in some organisation, and people will make the connection “Asana = ugly” without realising this is because of their own company :sweat:

Hi @Bastien_Siebman I do not agree. Des goûts et des couleurs, on ne discute pas.
I think that allowing more personalisation would contribute to the use of Asana.

The very fact that you have to pay more to use a custom logo in Asana is questionable. Focus should be on the user experience, not on spreading the Asana brand.

Obviously it is not up to us to decide that, but the forum is a good place to talk about it :upside_down_face:

That’s exactly the same debate around apps in iOS and Android. iOS is way more regarding on guidelines, when Android let you do anything. The result is that on Android apps would often be buggy, ugly etc #troll :slight_smile:

Hi @Will_Murdoch, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

This topic is since 2019 and still it has not been applied or updated ? WTF ASANA?

Do you even listen to your customers?

I promise you they do. It just may not be top of mind right now