Allow to sort tasks by Team in My Tasks

It would be nice to be able to sort tasks in My Tasks by Team, not only by project.

5 Likes

Hi @IvanStaykov :wave:t3:

While it’s not possible to sort your My Tasks by Teams at the moment, sorting it by project will automatically sort projects by Team too (the Team name is in brackets next to the project title). I know this is not exactly what you’re looking for but I thought you might find this info useful!

I’ve gone ahead and slightly modified the title of your thread so it better reflects your feedback, it should also be more discoverable for other users looking to have the same feature implemented. On my end, I’ll make sure to update you on this thread as soon as I have an update on this specific topic!

Thank again for taking the time to share your thought with us, have a great day!

Hi, new to Asana and struggling to figure out what I feel like should be pretty easy… sorting my tasks by team (I am on multiple teams). Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Wang

As far as I know, this isn’t possible. I suspect it might be to do with permissions. Some teams are open but some are request-to-join. It would be handy if you could see all tasks from multiple teams in one place, though.

1 Like

Hey @Mike_Wang :wave:

@Mark_Hudson is correct , there is no way to sort your Tasks my Team.

Since this is isn’t so much a #tipsandtricks ability, but a #productfeedback ask for our team to take a look at.

I’m going to move this post over to that category so folks in the Community can upvote this request if they want.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently, one can view Today’s Tasks sorted by project. This works well if one is in only one team. However, if one is in several teams (think of CTO, managing and working with multiple teams), one cannot get an overview of daily tasks sorted by team. I suggest that Asana add this as an option. While it would not be of use to most users, it would be excellent for upper management.

2 Likes

When I sort by project I don’t see the team name in brackets next to the project title.

1 Like

Commenting here to add my opinion that sorting by team would be incredibly useful for organizations that use Asana to manage external clients. You may have several projects for one client. If the client is the team, it’s easier to then track their individual projects. Sorting by project alone doesn’t fix this if you have similarly named sections across multiple teams/clients.

3 Likes

I am commenting like many others to highlight that being able to sort ‘My Tasks’ by ‘Team’ would be extremely helpful and likely to keep me as an Asana user. I have recently moved over to Asana and as a VA who organises work by creating a ‘Team’ for each client to seperate their work out, the function of sorting ‘My Tasks’ by ‘Teams’ is almost as important as the ‘Due Date’. Please can the dev team at Asana consider this as many others seem to have requested this for years now.

1 Like

Exactly this. I’m new to Asana and we’re looking at a premium subscription for organizing projects from various clients for our design business. I’m surprised this isn’t an option to be honest, and there’s no easy/simple way to see all your tasks separated by team. Worse, all projects get bunged together in your projects list, so when multiple clients have website or branding requirements we’d end up with multiple projects with the same name. As far as I can see when I open up a project and just view the summary information, I can’t see team listed anywhere without clicking through to the actual project. This is a huge issue for us.

(Contrary to the feedback above the team name does not appear in brackets after the project title, it appears nowhere!)