Allow to have multiple forms attached to the same project

I couldnā€™t agree with all of you more! I came from using Wrike where I had WAY more options for capabilities as well as 24/7 customer service, so there is a lot that frustrates me about Asana. They are definitely ā€œbehind the timesā€ on many aspects - only allowing one form per project is one of many. And then thereā€™s the option to only upload 1 attachmentā€¦what???
Most importantly though, being able to have more than 1 form per project is of the utmost importance!

What is everyone else doing in lieu of this option?

1 Like

Agree with Cameron here - if you donā€™t need them on your form, they shouldnā€™t even appear. Duh!

1 Like

Yes please!! We use the form feature for internal drafting requests, and it has been a huge help, but since different types of requests require different information to be conveyed to the drafter, we are currently limited to using this feature for only one kind of request. It would be so much more functional if we could have multiple forms, that way all drafting requests could be tracked in one Project and we would use the existing ā€œSectionsā€ feature to organize within that Project. Asana, if youā€™re waiting for ā€œenoughā€ people to request this expansion, count me in!

1 Like

Just chiming in here as well - multiple forms per project would be awesome! Our use case is for employees to request payments from the accounting team.

Currently, we have a form to request payment of a vendor invoice (attach the invoice, etc). We would also like to create a form for Employee Expense reimbursements. Itā€™s the same team and the process is similar, but the form fields need to be different - itā€™s not relevant to ā€œattach an invoiceā€ or indicate ā€œvendorā€™s preferred payment methodā€. So weā€™d need a different form.

Make it happen Asana!

2 Likes

+1
It is really disappointing that this has yet to be implementedā€¦this post is from April.
At the moment , forms kinda feel like a new Google product/feature. It has incredible potential, but you better patient because it will be 5 years before it is actually worth using.

2 Likes

Yes! Please add this to your roadmap, Asana. Having multiple forms would be a game changer. One form is very limiting.

1 Like

I need thisā€¦ like yesterday.

2 Likes

I am also one that would love to see Multiple forms on projects. we are using flowsana for form automation and automatic assigning of a team member and also email confirmation to the client BUT would also like to use a form for internal purposes. This essentially means we need 2 forms as I dont want clients getting notifications for internal forms

this is a must @Asana

1 Like

OMG please develop this feature already! Soooo silly for the to be named ā€œFormsā€ but you can only use one. PLEASE PLEASE do this for us!! :frowning:. So inefficient to have all these separate projects for one on-going large projects by client.

7 Likes

This would be such a game changer! Weā€™d love to track feature requests, bug reports, and interest forms into one singular project instead of having to manage them all through three different projects.

3 Likes

This would definitely be super helpful for our business! We have forms for employees and customers to fill out and having to have separate projects is pretty inefficient!

1 Like

It would be amazing if projects could have more than one form. I suppose Asana might want us to have different projects if we need vastly different forms but this should be flexible and left up to the team using them. I can easily see the case for multiple forms within a given project and have been asked this during some of my Asana Pro Sessions!

1 Like

Please do this @Asana_Admin

1 Like

Honestly not having the ability to create multiple forms is really weird to me. Why have the aspect at all if itā€™s so limited?

2 Likes

Definitely have a need for multiple forms per project. We have different forms for different phases of projects.

1 Like

Totally agree! This whole time Iā€™ve assumed you could have multiple forms. Only just now had the need and boy was I disappointed to find thatā€™s not the case.

1 Like

Iā€™d also like to vote for this! Iā€™m helping onboard my team and forms have huge potential to collect and automate critical business tasks. From initial feedback, we could already use multiple forms to collect the following:

• Kickoff notes
  • Risk details to populate a risk register
  • Client/customer feature requests
  • Closing notes
2 Likes

HI there

I stumbled across this and found that unfortunately you cannot create multiple forms in a single project which is rather disappointing.

I run we web design agency and we want to use forms to get feedback at different stages of a project.

Ideally each stage of the project will have a unique questionnaire that would give relevant feedback to that stage.

So either multiple forms, or forms which have conditional logic to adapt the question is required.

At the moment the form options are too basic to capture more complicated information, so weā€™re instead using gravity or google forms and using Zapier to push the data into Asana, but then we have to manually migrate the captured data to the relevant project.

Would love to see some updates to this in the future :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Could not agree more - I was so excited to build several new forms inside of my new product development template project but discovered you can only build one. What a shame.

My work around will be to create a new project for each form. Once completed Iā€™ll attach the form to the given project. This is not ideal and if thereā€™s a better work around Iā€™m all ears.

SQ

1 Like

Totally agree!

Please, add this to your next sprint :slight_smile:

If itĀ“s not possible to have more than a form per project, then, please could you have conditional logic so we can add filters with different answers? This way we can adapt the templates for each need.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Like