Allow the Power BI Connector to also pull the Subtaks

Please add the feature for the Power BI Connector to also pull subtasks. The way we have things structured subtasks are also important.

16 Likes

Is this still a limitation since I do not see this limitation on the Asana+PowerBI page unlike the Tableau integration page which does show this limitation. Additionally, it does not show the limitation of not grabbing the description as well.

2 Likes

subtasks are very important to us too. @Alan_Jones did you find a solution?

2 Likes

Yes, I am keen to see this resolved. I am currently exporting my Asana Project to CSV to pull all the data and then linking my Power BI reporting to that file to get the necessary sub task information.

3 Likes

Any update on this? The web data connector by design does not pull subtask data into either Tableau or PowerBI, likely to limit data transfer amounts which greatly hinders analysis. I imagine this is due to the subtask not belonging to a project which could cause complications when you connect to a given Project ID data but not sure.

any update on this?

We’re also interested in this. any update please?

Also very interested in this function. Any update?

1 Like

Also request the sub-tasks (indicating the parent task) to be downloadable to Power BI

I am very interested in this feature too… Thanks from Spain.

We need this capability too. Subtasks are part of reporting to track Projects. Please implement this in Power BI Asana Connector.

I’m PMO for a department of 100+ people where we are trying to use Asana to manage projects and pull the data into Power Bi to report on progress and other metrics. To not have the ability to pull sub-tasks through is really limiting and it means I can’t get a true picture of the progress on the 50+ projects in the portfolio. This seems quite a basic necessity to me and should be built as a priority