Allow Additional Emails to be added to existing tasks from Asana Add-on for Gmail

Sales and marketing got the sale but the customer is disappointed with the feature just like me.

1 Like

Yes, this is a missed opportunity Asana. Please allow attaching e-mails to an existing task.

Another key piece of functionality for the Gmail integration would be to see and edit subtasks of the tasks you search for and find.

3 Likes

It’s now June 2022, and this thread four years old. Is this even on the roadmap? This is essential functionality since many people greate “mini projects” (tasks) inside a project. Creating a new task doesn’t make sense in many cases.

5 Likes

It is insanity this is not allowable and it teases you to think it can be done! this very much inhibts the use of Asana as a collaborative PM tool. PLEASE fix it!

2 Likes

I would also like to see this feature and be able to attach an email to an already existing task, especially as it already seems to be connected in gmail. (when I open a searched task, close the mail and reopen it the searched task is instantly visible!!)

BR, Carsten

2 Likes

Could anyone advise if this is on the roadmap or completed - it’s a basic requirement.

Thanks

Andrew

3 Likes

I have also been doing my research on this. It seems the first time this feature was requested was already back in 2017 (Attach Email to Task as comment) ! And it’s still not available for Gmail…

1 Like

Adding my vote for this. Such a PITA that this function doesn’t exist after being asked for since 2017 :thinking:

2 Likes

Please automatically add emails from the same thread into the same task! It’s frustrating that emails on the same thread create a new task every time there is a response to the email!

1 Like

We need this too

Adding to the call for this feature, this would be huge!

Only just now have I realized the Outlook integration has this. Consider me heart-broken as a Google Workspace client. :sweat_smile:

I can’t even figure out how to create a new task from a response to an email if they are in the same thread.

Why does one integration (Microsoft), but not Google Workspace?

Agreed. I would like to see this functionality be added as well. Surprised to see this isn’t an option already.

I have been a Google client for many, many years. I dont know how many times I had to explain that you can do the same things in Google Workspace as you do in the Microsoft universe. So many told me, yes maybe, but you know everybody uses this.
And now - after defending Google workspace - so many times - I learn that Outlook has a better Asana integration than Gmail…

Please, please Asana set this right.

I am copy pasting emails in comments everyday. This has to stop.

3 Likes

I’m a relatively new Asana user with the Gmail integration. I thought I could log an email in the comments in the last few months and then it seemed the functionality went away.

This has never been possible unfortunately

I am just starting to use Asana and so far so good but not being able to attack multiple gmails to a task might be a deal breaker.

Our use case is onboarding new customers and having to chase them to complete actions, we want to be able to see on a task what has happened, e.g. emails and calls.

I suppose we could have a CRM but then do we do everything there and ditch Asana? Has anybody solved this?

Does anyone know if there are updates on this?

1 Like