Gmail Plugin - Search Task add Gmail to the Task

Hi just been using the Gmail Pluggin alot more than previously, and have just found something that would like to get changed.

When Creating a New Task from Gmail you can attached the email as part of the task. Which is great. However if the tasks already exists and you search for an existing tasks you have no way of attaching the email to that tasks.

Can this be looked at being included in a future release.

Jason.

Great Idea. I would love to be able to do so.

I use the existing Gmail tool to generate new tasks off of emails in Gmail. But can I attach an email to an existing task?
It would be cool if the existing Asana Gmail tool would allow me to search for a task and then just say, attach this email thread (or link to this email thread) inside the existing task. That way I could keep related email conversations in the tasks.

HI @Shani_Nowlin :wave: Thank you for reaching out!

As it stands, it is not possible to attach an email to an existing task. There is an existing thread requesting this functionality so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this thread to consolidate feedback. I hope It’s OK

I would recommend to upvote it. You can add your vote by clicking on the “Vote” button at the very top of the thread!

Have a great Wednesday! :slight_smile: