All my tricks related to My Tasks

There are 3 under rated things in Asana: emojis, Inbox and My Tasks.

My Tasks is a godsend. It can help you reach unseen levels of productivity. But most people don’t know how to use it properly.

Here’s what you need to know to go to the next level:

• My Tasks does not list tasks you are collaborator on, only tasks you are assigned on
  • The sections Today-Upcoming-Later are fine, but don’t hesitate to rename them
  • Keep in mind that “Recently assigned” has a special feature, it will host any new task, rename it at your own peril
  • Sorting by due date is good, but a due date is only part of the picture, that’s why I usually advise to use sections most of the time
  • But sorting by due date within the sections is usually a good idea
  • “Recently Assigned” should be emptied as often as possible
  • If you always push back tasks by 3 days, 7 days, 10 days… you can create a section “:sleeping: 10d” and have a rule “Task moved to section 10d > change the due date +10”
  • Emojis on sections makes them fun and colorful, you deserve it
  • Don’t hesitate to move the “Recently assigned” below “Today” or “Top priority”, it will allow you to always focus on what’s important first, and then triage
  • Make sure to have a rule for auto-promotion, “Due date is approaching (Today) > Move to top section”
  • Also make sure to have a rule for blocked tasks “Task is no longer blocked > Move to top section”

Did I miss anything?!

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m probably not on the right thread but I’m going crazy. I’m trying to find someone I can TALK to that knows Asana well. I need help setting up my UNIQUE project…I’ve tried booking a consultant on Asana together but there is no one in Australia…I can zoom, facetime. I just need to talk to someone plzzz. I am 60yo and not that tech savvy. Will pay well for someone’s time. Thank you Paul Koury

I’ll answer your private message, we’ll see if we can help :slight_smile:

Thank Bastien.

Thank you

That’s a good list, @Bastien_Siebman! I’d add:

Larry