Alerts at a set time

I’m a Wunderlist refugee. It’s a pity that one needs to dive that deep to find out that obvious functionality isn’t there.

I don’t really understand what’s the point of setting up a time for a deadline. In google calendar integration those tasks will still show up as whole day tasks. That means there is no way of getting notified at particular time about particular deadline.

Please add mobile app notifications. People are in the move now. well maybe not now exactly → COVID-19, but will be back soon. Mobile notifications are needed.

Additionally for email notifications. It would be great to get notifications about tasks you created. Otherwise when I create tasks for myself I need to also assign myself to them. It’s a use case that is missing.

#StayHome :wink:

Actually thinking about calendar export I seem to like that idea much more. Putting Google aside exporting boards as an iCal links works for me flawlessly on desktop, yet not on mobile…

Also sending notifications… It looks quite logical but it requires a server to process and send all notifications for all free boards. That can come up costly, might be even too costly.

However now that we have Android app the it can be made to export selected projects as Calendars (as local Calendar provider). This way all notifications will happen locally even without network, no extra server power needed.

Hey everyone! I’ve been experiencing a lack of “due date” push-notifications functionality as well for a long time, so I decided to solve that problem and finally developed a Chrome extension for that! Please, try it out, and if you have some questions or suggestions, feel free to reach me out by my facebook

Is there a way to set an alarm or a reminder for certain tasks? I’m not looking for a simple notification, but a separate audible reminder for a desktop or mobile. If I have 30 tasks on my calendar for the day, and one task is a priority task that has to take place at a very specific time, it would be good to hear a different sound than you hear every time you get an asana notification. Can Asana or some other app integration offer any help with this?

Hi @Lou_Buono_Jr, thanks for reaching out!

It’s currently not possible to receive an audible reminder in desktop or mobile when the task is due soon. We already have a product feedback thread about this topic and I’ve gone ahead and merged your thread with Alerts at a set time . I also recommend you to upvote for this request for mobile: Push Notifications at ‘Due Time’

Let me know if you have any questions!

Is there an Alarm one possible in Asana ?

Could you specify please? What is an “Alarm one”? Thanks

Hi @Frank_H! As @Bastien_Siebman just said, it might be useful if you could provide us with a little more details/context. In the meantime, you might be interested in this section of our Guide dedicated to notifications and reminders: Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. Looking forward to your reply!

oh sorry for answering late, I just sow your reply, somehow it was not sent to my email.
What i meant was, is there a way to have Asana give me a ring tone on upcoming Calendar events such as 4 example the Google-Calendar does ? Which i can setup the notification time as i need ?

I would like the same feature. The ability to have an alert tone sound at the due time of a task scheduled in Asana

Sorry for the late follow-up here; and thanks for the additional information @Frank_H! We already offer reminders as part of our notification offer, you can learn more about it in this handy article: Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. Unfortunately, these can’t be customized yet, but hopefully this is something we can implement in the future!

It would be helpful if Asana had an alarm option. For instance, I do venue walkthroughs at certain times a day. It would be helpful if I set an “Alarm” with a task to remind me with a noise or a pop up that I have a walk through in 15 mins or whatever increment of time I set it for.

Hi @Sara_Shoenberger and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread to gather all comments and votes in one place :slight_smile:

We are currently about to decide which planning we we should be using and Asana is currently at the top. However, if you could build in an alarm feature as mentioned above, that would be very awesome. When having multiple tasks a day, it can get a bit cluttered and a short alarm which syncs with Google Calendar would be extremely helpful to track time and stay on schedule. Any news on this feature?

Hey Marie,
any news on this issue?

Hi folks, for anyone interested we have a real-time synchronization with Google Calendar that synchronizes the tasks at their due time. You can then also add notifications into Google Calendar that will remind you through email, or in the app (mobile as well) when a task is due. You can find out more here:

Thank you, but I really don´t want to use another app I need to pay for, especially since a reminder/alarm should be integrated into Asana. To be honest, I am also a little surprised by the support we are getting. Still no answer to our inquiry from Marie, but instead you get a like to your third party post, as if this is supposed to be the solution. I would like to know if and when this feature will be integrated, especially since it has been asked for over a year ago. Marie, any info? Thank you very much. @Marie

@Jaws_TGWS84, apologies for missing your previous post. I do not have any update at the moment unfortunately, and I don’t believe this feature request has been prioritised yet, but I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update.

Thank you very much for your quick response! Do you think it is possible to find out if this feature is planned at all? We are currently evaluating which app we want to work with and while Asana is at the top currently, we unfortunately desperately need the alarm function integrated with Google.
Also, is a Windows desktop app planned anytime soon?

No worries at all Josh!

I can confirm that both features you’re referring to in your previous post aren’t currently on our roadmap, and unfortunately, I can’t promise if or when our team will look into this. @Maggie_Reddi solution to synchronize Asana to your Gmail calendar is probably the best option at the moment. The Windows desktop application is quite of a popular request, if you haven’t yet, I would recommend adding your vote to this thread from our #productfeedback. Our Community experts have shared some alternative solutions you might also be interested to in the meantime, you can find them here and there! I know this isn’t ideal, but it can hopefully help you make your mind!

If there is anything else I can help with, let me know :slight_smile: