Advanced Search Filter - Times a task due date is modified

I work with Personal Project Boards per employee. Within this project the system works similar to My Tasks, (but then with some additional rules and fields) with tasks ordered in sections due for this week, next week, later or no due date.
It would be great is there was a filter for that project that showed not only that a date has been modified within a time period (as with the Advanced Search/Dates/Modification date), but also how many times in total, and within that particular time period the due date has been modified.

Hi @Levi_NL, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

You can use the option “Search this project” in your project header:

And then you will be automatically sent to the Advanced Search feature where you can filter your project by modification date. However, it’s currently not possible to see how many times the task was modified. I think this is a very good request and I’ll keep you posted if we have any plans to implement this in the future. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Our team is spread across multiple offices, with many of our more than 60 staff who use Asana for shared project management working remotely at this time. Each month, each office conducts planning and budgeting, which includes reassessing activities that were scheduled for the previous month but which have been deferred to the next month. Each monthly budget must be approved and changes must be tracked. Throughout the month, our team makes changes to Task due dates based on ongoing activity management and planning. Therefore, we need to be able to track which Tasks were rescheduled, so a feature that would allow a search for Tasks with a modified due date would be extremely helpful so we know when we’ve made changes to the work plan timeline. Is this a feature that could be added? Could a Rule be added (we have Premium, so cannot create a custom rule) that would do something to show in a search Tasks with modified due dates (e.g., Due Date changed, set [create new field])?

Hi @anon16474217, thanks for reaching out! As it stands, it’s currently. not possible to create a report of tasks with a modified due date. We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread! We’ll let. you know once we have any updates about this feature!

Thanks Emily!

1 Like