Adjust date for automated task "It's time to update your goal(s)"

Today my team and I were assigned a task by Asana called “It’s time to update your goal(s)” and it was so helpful for everyone to receive a task with their goals listed and quick instructions on how to update them. The only problem is that we’d love to have this reminder task generated earlier - is there any way to adjust this? For example, have it create the task one week after the end of the quarter?

1 Like

Hi @Danae_Bowers, thanks for reaching out! You can currently set the following reminders:

• Weekly : Reminders will be sent on Friday
  • Monthly : Reminders will be sent on the last Friday of each month
  • Quarterly : Reminders will be sent on the last Friday of every third month

As it stands, it’s not possible to customize these options but I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to our product feedback category to allow other customers to upvote as well! Thanks for your feedback!

ezgif.com-gif-maker (6)

1 Like

Thank you @Emily_Roman this is exactly what I was looking for!

In our organisation we ask people to make a goal update as soon as there is new information (as opposed to “at the end of the month”, or some other kind of fixed schedule). We also ask them to make sure the last update is not older than 30 days (in which case they’d make an update just saying nothing has moved).
Could the “update your goal” feature assist us in this by providing more flexibility?

1 Like

I would love to see Gaol Rules here.

When x% of tasks in x project are complete, prompt to update goal. Go further with parsing out these rules with other triggers such as sections. Other actions such as Slack

If x project hasn’t had tasks completed in x days, doAction{ }

Rules can really help Goals not to become stale.

1 Like

Hi @Michel1, thanks for providing this feedback!

You can currently set the following Goal update reminders:

• Weekly : Reminders will be sent on Friday
  • Monthly : Reminders will be sent on the last Friday of each month
  • Quarterly : Reminders will be sent on the last Friday of every third month

As it stands, it’s not possible to customize these options but hopefully this is something we can implement in the future!

Thanks @Rebecca_McGrath - I know that. This is a Product Feedback.

It would be great if we could add a 6-month option to the “Remind me to update status” for the Goals feature. Our org is trying to synch goals updates with our 6-month activity forecast, but currently the options are only, “weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly.”

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @Ellen_Mueller,

I went ahead and merged your post into an existing feedback request thread regarding customizing these reminder options.
Don’t forget to leave your vote.

2 Likes

Hey @Rebecca_McGrath - my goal reminders are updating me every week on Thursday. Friday would be fine, but every Thursday I need to move it to the next day. Is there a way to reset or get this back to Friday?

1 Like