Change day of week for Status reminder to Monday instead of Friday

In the progress tab there is a great (is this new?) feature of a radio button that gives the option of automatic reminders each week to update the status of the project each Friday. We would like to change this to Monday instead of Friday… how can we do this?

Below is the Asana documentation on this feature:

Update status reminders

Each project’s owner will receive a weekly task each Thursday to update the status of their project due Friday. If you are the project owner and do not want to receive these reminders, you can turn them off.

1 Like

This is a great question. I feel the same about having an option to set the date.

Hi @Hussein_El-Genk and @Paul_Grobler :wave:

As it stands, it is not possible to change the day for the weekly automatic reminder. It is by default on Friday but I completely understand how useful this option could be for you.

There is an existing thread in the #productfeedback requesting the option to choose the day for the automatic reminder: Status Updates: Need options for "remind me every ___" - #2 by Vince_Mustachio. If you haven’t yet, I would suggest you to upvote it!

On my end I’ll make sure to update the thread as soon as I get any update on the topic!

Have a great Friday! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks @Natalia I had searched before posting and did not see that thread. I have up voted it and also commented! I see its been listed as a prioritized for some time now :smiley:

1 Like

100% agree that project update reminders should be a simply toggle to pick the day of the week (or even a more advanced schedule).

Its a great tool, but as it stands, I could spend all day Friday checking the status and then having to wait for the weekend to pass to effectively address what the project needs when the team is active.

@Natalia, how do you upvote a request?

1 Like

Agreed. Looking to see this solved please

1 Like

It is possible to setup reminders, for non-Friday days, but only if DON’T have a role in the project.

In the project overview:

OR through Portfolio, status column.

Select “Request Status update” and then at the bottom of the window click on “Friday” to edit the repeatable time period to whatever you like! Different days of the week, monthly, every 6 weeks!

Note this only works when you’re requesting someone else to provide a status update. A repeatable task will then be created in their MyTasks, but it won’t be added to the project (this would be a great help if it auto-added the task to the project, so it didn’t have to be done manually.)

Enjoy this pretty good workaround!