Adding a reminder on a task?

I’m wondering about a functionality to add reminders on tasks less broadly than using a rule to add a comment based on a trigger, as described in the comments here: Reminder for Asana Tasks.

For routine things that need reminders, this is perfect, but I don’t have a ton of items that need reminders. I’d like a more ad hoc functionality that I can choose to apply to specific tasks.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I realized I can manually set up a rule for each specific task, but that seems more tedious for something that happens only once in a while. In addition, I have to figure out a “check if” condition in the rule, and the options are kind of limited—it would be nice if I could do a check of the task name for certain keywords, because then I could build the rule & just know that I can add that keyword to the task name to trigger the rule.

1 Like

@Brian_Fewell,

Shift-Tab-F (or right-clicking a task title, or choosing Create follow-up task) will create an arbitrary follow-up task, if that meets your definition of reminder.

Otherwise, the common way to handle what you discuss in the latter part of your post is creating a kind of generic “button” trigger via a single-select custom field named “Do” or “Action” with one value for each action you define. One of those could be “Remind” and you could define a rule with that trigger and the action you need as the reminder (like a comment).

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks, @lpb! I’ll try out these options.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.