Add Task button isn't working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: The blue “Add Task” button on the My Tasks page isn’t working. The orange-y circular add button works fine, just not the blue one.

Steps to reproduce: Go to My Tasks page, click on blue button, feel confused.

Browser version: Chrome and Firefox

Upload screenshots below:

I replicate this. @Marie @Natalia You may have a new bug here.

Thanks for reporting this, @Eva_Prkachin and @Stephanie_Oberg! The “+ Add task” button should appear under your profile picture in My Tasks, if the list is not sorted by Completed Tasks. Could you confirm how you are currently sorting your list? :raised_hands:

Yes, as we have both indicated, the blue Add Task button is present. I am filtering (not sorting) to show Incomplete Tasks. The Sort is None. The blue Add Task button is there, it simply doesn’t respond when clicked (whereas the blue Add Section does work as usual). Could you kindly replicate this exact condition and tell me whether you can Add Task using the blue button?

Thanks for getting back to me @Stephanie_Oberg! Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce this issue on my end. This sometimes occurs when you are sorting your My Tasks list by Due Date or when the list of tasks is very long. If one of this options is the case, whenever the ‘Add Task’ button is clicked, it will add the task at the bottom of the list. This is because the newly created task does not yet have a date attached to it.

A workaround for this is to click the first task at the top of the list, and then hit ’ Enter ’ or ’ Return ’ on a Mac. This will create a task directly below it.

If you still cannot add tasks, I recommend you following these troubleshooting steps and if the issue persists, please contact our support team so we can investigate further: How to contact our Support Team ✉!

OK, that helps. It seems the blue Add Task button did just quietly add a blank line to the Recently Assigned section. Since this section was collapsed, of course I didn’t see the new task. So strictly speaking, the Add Task button did add a task…it was just in a place the user had no chance of seeing it. I’d call that a UI bug.

2 Likes

Indeed, as we have both demonstrated, the blue Add Task button is available. I’m separating (not arranging) to show Incomplete Tasks. The Sort is None. The blue Add Task button is there, it just doesn’t react when clicked (though the blue Add Section tackles job of course). Could you generously duplicate this careful condition and disclose to me whether you can Add Task utilizing the blue catch?

Indeed, as we have both demonstrated, the blue Add Task button is available. I’m separating (not arranging) to show Incomplete Tasks. The Sort is None. The blue Add Task button is there, it just doesn’t react when clicked (though the blue Add Section tackles job of course). Could you generously duplicate this careful condition and disclose to me whether you can Add Task utilizing the blue catch?

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.