Add Subtask to same Section as Parent Task

Asana’s apparent design flaw of not associating subtasks with their parent task’s project by default (or giving us the option to set it as default) is already annoying enough. It also seems that, when you manually associate the parent task’s project to the subtask, the subtask does not show up in the same section of the parent account task, and we have to manually place it there. I would ideally like to see the subtask show up not only in the same section but (in the list view, for example) immediately under the parent task. Is there a way to achieve this that I am not figuring out?

Hi @Jonathan_Macedo! Thank you for reaching out!

As it stands, to see the subtasks nested in the same section of the parent task the best way would be to manually associate it to the Section the moment you associated it to the Project.

I completely understand this not ideal and please note it’s something our team is aware and planning to solve as part of the general subtask redesign they’re planning to tackle but in the meantime this would be the best to achieve it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a nice Thursday! :slight_smile: