Subtask automatically inheriting parents Project?

Hi community!

Subtasks and sub-sub tasks are randomly being added to the parent tasks project.

does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a bug?

Looking forward to hearing from some of you Asana pros

Thanks in advance
Tom

Hi @tom.marsh, thanks for reaching out! Subtasks are currently not automatically associated with the project, could you share more details of what you are seeing? Could you share an example task of a subtask? what do you see in task history changes?

Looking forward to your reply! :slight_smile:

@Emily_Roman I have uploaded 3 pics. 1 of the subtasks as they are added to the parent task project (1 subtask is highlighted, which is shown in more detail on a separate picture), 1 detail view of the highlighted subtask and 1 of that subtasks change history. Again, these subtasks WERE NOT added to the project. They were without a project. The history shows that the subtask was added to the project, but this was not done manually! We even deleted them as you can see in the history but they came right back.

!
!

Thanks for confirming this information, @tom.marsh! I’m afraid I was unable to reproduce this issue and I also couldn’t find similar bugs internally. In order to have a closer look into this issue, could you forward this thread to our support team? When you contact them, please also send them the subtask URL so they can see more details in our logs. It would be great if you could keep us posted of what was the main issue!:raised_hands: