Add description as custom field

If I have read correctly, its just not possible to add description from within tasks to a custom field. Dunno why not, but…
On some tasks I would like to see/read descriptions on a ceratin tasks - how can I solve this?

The problem statement isn’t clear to me. Could you show a screenshot of what you’re seeing, then mark it up to show what you’d like to see?

@Rune_Haarberg,

Unfortunately, you’re right this is not possible. One solution is to create a text custom field and have that field include key details from the description.

@Rune_Haarberg,

@Christine_Bolton’s solution of a text custom field is one workaround. Another is to use Asana2Go’s Interactive Table output (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

There’s the ability to configure which columns you see and there’s a choice of 1) hover in row to see the description, or 2) just see the description inline in the row (which can make the row very tall). I think I covered those in the video linked in the post.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.