Add a table to the task description

Sometimes the information on the task description is easiest to comprehend in a table format (rows & columns) –Any chance this feature is in the works?

7 Likes

@Cristi_Jayo, I agree and upvoted. In the meantime, you can consider this workaround, which works great but does require some extra effort:

Larry

6 Likes

It would be great to add this feature!

3 Likes

Surprised to know that its not supported. Its a “must” feature.

5 Likes

Excel cell compatibility as well!!

1 Like

+1 to this! Saw that i can now input table under project brief, but would love to have that same ability in task description!

1 Like

100% agree. We end up pasting in spreadsheet columns individually all the time in our task descriptions, but would be so much more helpful if a table were possible!

Adding my vote here. Would make a huge difference to our team. It’s a way of being able to see more granular items without creating an infinite hole of subtasks etc.

1 Like

tables please! We use our tasks to detail a lot of product metainfo for going to market, and it would be so much cleaner than indented bullet lists.

We’re currently migrating from Jira to Asana, and this came up as something that will actually materially impact our workflow.

When we submit a task for review, we want to reference all the components we want reviewed. Typically, we include a three-column table: Component Type, Name, and Notes. This helps us clearly list all the components as well as notable changes we’ve made or things to flag to the reviewer.

This isn’t something that can easily translate to a bulleted list, so we may need to resort to including a spreadsheet in most tickets. Not an additional step we’re particularly eager to adopt! (We try to avoid any additional steps that would slow us down).

So, +1000 to getting tables in task descriptions! It would really meaningfully improve our Asana workflows.

3 Likes

Upvoted as well, a really great idea I am missing from Asana every single day. I would love to see it implemented.

1 Like

seeing after 3 years this hasn’t been added is disappointing - seems like a common component in WP/TinyMCE editors … but maybe there isn’t enough requests for this to be implemented?

6 Likes

seems like this is rolling out by the end of October…!

Is the table feature rolled out?

Hi all,

Exciting news! We’ve just began rolling out tables in task descriptions! Tables are available via the + menu in your toolbar or with the / command. Check the GiF below to see what this will look like in-product:

Create a table with the + menu or / command . Add columns and rows:
Gif Tables

Copy a table from an external source into your task description:
Gif table 2

Please note we’re rolling out Tables gradually, so no worries if you can’t see it yet in your account, it will be available to you in the next few days! The announcement is here.

4 Likes

Is there a way to delete rows? Or is there documentation for this feature? It’s so new, that everything I search for just brings up information about the Table View of an Asana board, not this specific feature!

Welcome, @Kelly_Nauert,

I select all cells in the row (Shift+Click each) and then do Backspace. Not sure if there’s a more elegant way but that works.

Larry

Hello, in "organisation i cant make table, but in workspace can. Any advice ?

@Arnold_Golob This feature is not rolled out to 100% of users yet! :slight_smile: It is now available to 50 %.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.