Add a "download all" button to tasks & conversations

Hi @Chandler_Thompson

I agree, that would be very handy in some circumstances. However, I can also see situations where version control would be a major problem. If you have access, you could try a Dropbox or Google Drive link. That way, everyone can view the same documents in one place, and always have the most up-to-date versions.

Chandler_Thompson, I agree that this would be an incredibly helpful feature. As a graphic designer, I often have tasks with dozens of photos attached. It would be wonderful to be able to download all of those at one time instead of having to download each one individually.

2 Likes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

In a task which contains several documents attached to it, the down arrow context menu at the file in the list (file list below task description) does not offer the “download” option. (first screenshot)
This has been mainly observed at tasks that are a little older. It seems as if the download option disappears over time, while when it is a fresh/new task, it is usually available.

Provided the file upload is available in the comment thread / story of the task, then it can still be downloaded from there. (second screenshot)

At some of our tasks, however, the initial file upload in the story/comment thread was deleted by the user to avoid the task being too full/cluttered with those attachments in the comments. This then becomes a problem when the download option at the file list is no longer active/available.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to a task, go to the file list below the description. Use the down arrow next to a file name to call the context menu. “Download file” option not visible.

Browser version:
Chrome, Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Suzan_Ger, thanks for reaching out!

I can confirm that this feature is actually working as expected at the moment, and not a bug. To download a file from a task, you can either download from the file as a comment or open the attached in the list and download from here.

We do have an existing request for this feature to be updated in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

It’s pretty crazy that such a simple function as ‘download all files’ doesn’t exist in Asana.

Also would be great to have a ‘delete all attachments’ too especially in absence of a way to have attachments carry on in every repeating task.

So many gaps in Asana…

1 Like

In my opinion, and I don’t mean to troll or anything, but that is a really hard feature to do. Do you zip the files? Do you send an email when it’s ready? one or the other depending?
And also that would put a crazy pressure on the backend…