Ability to set which Activity Update Email Notifications I want to receive

Currently the “Send me email notifications for:” setting only has three options:

1. Activity updates
    a. New tasks assigned to you, @mentions, and completion notifications for tasks you’re a collaborator on
  2. Daily summaries
  3. Weekly reports

As an Asana user that is connected to numerous tasks in Asana,
I want the ability to further limit the individual Activity Updates that create email notifications,
So that I am not receiving too many emails,
And can be productive using Asana.

Assumptions:

1. Once I am assigned to a task or am mentioned in a task I become a ‘follower’ of that task.
  2. Followers of tasks receive all of the email notifications for that task moving forward - regardless of whether or not they are mentioned in the task or if the task is assigned to them.
  3. Many times my involvement in a task is limited and I only need to address concerns when I am actually mentioned in the task.
  4. Once one email comes out and responses are issued from there, many email clients (such as gmail) clump the email thread together. This makes tracking a conversation easier, however, when many unwanted emails are sent in the thread becomes long and overwhelming and important action items such as mentions can be lost. While email clumping is a email client function, Asana should take this into account as these are the platforms their users are using for work.

Acceptance criteria:

1. Within the Activity Update Email Notification setting, allow a user to select individual actions (such as being mentioned in a task) to trigger an email notification. The user should not have to receive email notifications for ALL activities associated to a task in which they are following.

Thank you!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Filterable Activity Emails

4 votes have been moved. A vote could not be moved because the user already voted in the other topic.