Ability to re-order the 'check if' and connected 'do this' rule elements

I would like the ability to re-order the ‘check if’ conditions and their connected ‘do this’ outputs so that I can manage the order of the different branches. A drag and drop type of user experience would be ideal.

When building larger and collated rule structures with multiple ‘check if’ conditions and varying ‘do this’ outcomes I have found myself needing to add to the structure over time as my workflows develop.

When adding new parameters to the rule structure, these are only available to add below the last condition and output, however a new addition sometimes makes more sense to be listed after or before other items in the condition list because they are relevant to each other.

For example, say I have a single select custom field with various options that works as a staging line A-D and my rule has a ‘check if’ condition on each of the stages A, B, C, D, with different ‘do this’ outputs for each of them.

If I then use this for a period of time and note that there is a step unaccounted for (say between B and C), I need to add a new ‘check if’ condition (and associated ‘Do this’ output) but only have the ability to add this to the bottom of the full ‘check if’ condition list. Note that the new option in the custom field is added into the order its supposed to be in (A, B, i, C, D).

From a visual point of view within the rules editor, the new step is out of order when taking into consideration the use of the field as a staging line, so the new order is A, B, C, D, i, where ideally the order should be able to be A, B, i, C, D.

Where ordering is important for the rules readability, the more this changes, the more likely that the entire rule needs to be rebuilt if one were to want a particular ordering. The ability to re-order would solve this.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Allow drag-drop to reorder triggers and actions within a rule

3 votes have been moved.