Ability to post GIFs that play

I may be the only person who values this, but I would love if in Asana you could either link to or upload gifs and have them play in line. Using gifs is a way to make a crazy work project fun for us, and right now it isn’t feasible which is a bummer. Definitely not the most integral product update, but I’m sure folks would love it.

7 Likes

I seriously need to use GIFs in a project that has been taking so long and we are finally getting done!!

4 Likes

You are most certainly not the only person who values this. The ability to play gifs anywhere should be considered a basic human right.

21 Likes

Everyone should be able to celebrate the completion of a task with a great gif!

3 Likes

Yep! GIF’s are a great way to communicate and take the edge off any conversation and celebrate little victories in a project. Would love to be able to use them in comments and conversations.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to insert a "GIF and i’m very disappointed that I can’t :frowning:

1 Like

Just another person voting for GIF integration.
My team NEEEEEEEDS them.

1 Like

We’ve only been asking since 2017! GIFT us the GIFS pretty please. Our brand is built on a strong ability to GIF with clients that GIF or get out!

Can’t think of a more important feature. MVP if I ever saw one

2 Likes

Would love this. Would be perfect for showing examples of a process and/or put them into the comments/details. On a functional flow of a project, would be great to capture screen recordings, turn snppets of that video into gif’s for each step and load into Asana. Bare basic case: “on boarding new team members in Asana”.

3 Likes

I’m an animator and posting gifs would make collaborating much better

4 Likes

+1 on this. We use Asana to collaborate with two outside agencies and would love to share kudos for a job well done with a little animation.

1 Like

I’m voting for in-line GIF’s also!

It seems you can already do this if the resolution is low enough. Does anyone know the GIF resolution that does preview?

GIF GIF GIF GIF !! Please, for many this is an important feature to motivate or express thoughts in a fun way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was hoping that this Christmas I’d share some nice GIFs with my team in some must have projects. Please Santa!!

1 Like

I’m here as I assumed this would be basic functionality. Let’s get it done, my team love keeping the workflow fun too. How can I motivate the team with palpatine gifs otherwise? :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh good heavens, I thought I was the only one scrapping through the internet to find a way to attach GIFs to my boards and calendar :joy:

At this moment, this is the only thing keeping me at Trello

2 Likes

YES PLEASE!
giphy

Still GIFs…I am desperate.

Now you added custom animated stickers for motivation? Sorry, but meh… Get us GIFs instead!

giphy