Ability to have a section link within a project

Hi,

Is there a way to link directly to a section within a list?

I know I can link to a list as a whole and also to a task. Linking to a task used to take me to the task and show the list next to it, with the task selected. Especially when sections were also tasks, that provided a neat way to link to sections.

(My use case is that I have some fairly big lists with lots of sections and would like to be able to link people to specific sections of that list. I don’t really want to have to restructure my project to achieve this)

I’ve looked in the UI and I can’t see this anywhere. Am I missing something obvious, or is this feature just missing since the change of sections to being separate things?

Thanks,
Peter

8 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @PeterLaw :wave:t5:and thank you for reaching out!

As you have mentioned, it is possible to get the project link as well as the task link but I it is currently not possible to get a section link.

Having said that, I can certainly see how useful this could be so I’m moving this thread to the #productfeedback feedback category to allow other users to vote for this feature to be implemented. I would suggest you to also cast your vote by clicking on the vote button next to the title. Please note I’ve also updated the title to make this thread it more discoverable!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with! Have a great week Peter!

12 Likes

This is a feature that is really needed. When you share in Slack you want to sometimes be able to share a link to the section not just the project as a whole.

9 Likes

As a brand new user to Asana, it’s incredibly frustrating to continuously have to Google search for missing features… only to end up right back in these forums. Time and time again.

How is some of this basic functionality not available? I really don’t understand.

“Yes, you can link to a project or task, but somehow we forgot about linking to a section.”

5 Likes

@Natalia Bumping this thread. I would really like to have this feature added - to be able to link to sections within a project, and/or to be able to link to a project with a specific set of filters applied.

3 Likes

Bumping this one as well, I would love to direct my teammates to a specific task link within a project

3 Likes

*task list

+1…this would be really really useful. Any updates?

5 Likes

Bumping this again. Any progress?

2 Likes

This request is still waiting to be honoured. Almost a year has passed since the original request.

I love the ability to send a link of a task, but would love ability to send link of entire section of tasks.

I am using sections as days of the week for a reoccurring route and being able to send link of section would allow me to send technician’s entire route for the day.

It seems this would have many more use cases.

Thanks for considering!

2 Likes

Hi @Brit_Foshee, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback :slight_smile:

We do have an existing thread in the #productfeedback for this feature request so I’ve gone ahead and merged the posts to consolidate feedback.

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future. I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Any update regarding this suggestion?
I’d also love it to be able to link to a section; as my ‘layout’ heavily depends on it and it would be a very valuable addition in adding links in descriptions and chat messages for me.

2 Likes

You can have a link to a task or a project, but to my knowledge, you can’t have a link to a specific section within a project. It could be useful for communicating and sharing information within large projects.
Thanks

Hi @Mathieu_Linden, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Agreed it would be super useful for our entire team as we try to provide links to sections in our internal documentation.

2 Likes

WE need this as well…

2 Likes

Any updates on this? I have multiple OKRs that are whole projects within themselves and I need to be able to link to the section to see the major workstreams for a KR.

4 Likes

Bumping this. Pretty please

2 Likes

+1! I need this in my life at least once a day for my team.

2 Likes