Ability to export timeline

Hi folks and thank you so much for your patience, I’m excited to announce that we’ve started building this functionality and should be able to launch it within the next couple of weeks. I will make an announcement in #community-forum-announcements:product-updates and will post on this thread as soon as we’re ready to roll out, but please be aware that this will take a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

Happy Wednesday!

15 Likes

I hope it will be able to filter the tasks ( eg by custum fields, person, between two dates, tags, and so on ) then to print out the filterd tasks and planning.
Thanks for your feedback,

Filip

Hi @Filip_Dings and thanks for your reply! Just to set correct expectations, in my latest post I’m only referring to the ability to export and print in PDF, sorting options in Timeline are remaining the same for now (sort by start date, due date or assignee), but if you haven’t already, I would recommend adding your vote to Timeline sorting by custom field and Sorting / Filter options in timeline. Hope this helps!

This is great news! Happy day.

1 Like

Marie,
if i understand it wel, there is no " Filtering" funtion in time line.
It cannot be that difficult to add this funtions.
It is especialy usefull for printen out the time line.
Offen we de not want to print the whole time line but only a part. eg for a subcontracter or for the client.

1 Like

@Filip_Dings, I’d recommend adding your vote to Sorting / Filter options in timeline!

I don’t understand. the thread started a year ago with the same reply from Asana. When is this few weeks that you have promised?

1 Like

Is there an estimated date as to when this feature will be available?

Any updates on this one @Marie?

Had to redo all my timeline in a Google Spreadsheet this morning. Looks like crap ^^

This addition will be much welcomed and cannot arrive at a better time, for me!

1 Like

@Sam_Childs Not just yet, but i’m hoping to have some news to share soon!

5 Likes

This is much needed. Do we have an expected launch date?

4 Likes

We just upgraded to premium primarily to use timeline. Like everyone else here, surprised to not see this built in. Eagerly awaiting this export/print function.

2 Likes

Is there a release date for this feature yet? Since your post On Oct 22 mentioned “the next couple of weeks” we expected the feature by early November, but it is now mid-November and there has been no update.

5 Likes

@Marie Is there an update for this feature?

Not yet @Adena_Brandt, I’ll post an update here as soon as I have one!

3 Likes

@Marie Do you have an ETA of update so I know when to check back here?

2 Likes

Would certainly be nice to export or print a timeline for non-asana users.

Another +1. This is an extremely important function. We have external stakeholders we need to communicate with – the timeline being a part of this.

Hi everyone,

As I’ve mentioned on this thread a few weeks ago, our team recently started working on a solution to allow you to export and print your timelines. While we’ve made some good progress, we’ve recently discovered significant complexities that are unfortunately going to require a lot more resources than we had initially planned for this feature request. After thoughtfully evaluating all our options (we looked at several alternatives solutions), we’ve made the decision to pause this project to avoid delaying other key projects our team is currently working on. We’re aware that our Community has advocated for this feature request for a long time, and we’ll do our best to re-prioritise it as soon as possible. When we do, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on this thread! In the meantime, please continue to vote for this feature (make sure to click on the “Vote” button at the top of this thread), and more importantly continue telling us why and how it would be useful to you and your team, this is really helpful to help us advocate internally for this feature to be re-prioritised.

4 Likes