Ability to disable pop up notifications when creating/copying/deleting a project or task

The popups not only block important items on the project sidebar, but since they’re animated they can get very distracting. When moving around lots of different tasks around a timeline, for example, the whole left column is flooded with popups that are sliding in and sliding out all over the place. Having so much movement going on to the side inevitably draws the eye away from your actual work.

3 Likes

I truly cannot describe how much these animations ruin what could be such a great product experience.

Common actions like completing a task or changing a setting generate an annoying pop up that blocks other key functionality like the sidebar. It creates a kafkaesque UX where every click requires an additional click to close the pop up. It’s like browsing the web in the early 2000s. These animations not only significantly slow the feel of the app, but they are wildly redundant. I just clicked the complete button, I don’t need a pop up re-affirming that I clicked it. I also don’t need a unicorn flying across the screen, simultaneously celebrating my completion of “review sales dash” task and blocking my view of the other stuff I have to do.

I hate to be a kill joy. I’m sure some folks derive real joy from these animations and pop ups, but for the rest of us please let us turn them off. My company makes me use Asana, Asana is the only one who can save me from its pop ups.

3 Likes

You can disable the unicorn celebrations in settings already. Totally agree with the rest of your post though. Those popups need to go.

1 Like

I’m throwing my vote in for a way to disable pop-ups. Nice for introducing new things, but unnecessary for every action.

I’m trying out different task management apps to see which one will work best for my business, and these pop ups are annoying enough that I’m scratching asana off the list. The end.

5 Likes

Hey Skyler, I used this previously to success so appreciate the suggestion. Recently however it stopped being able to prevent the notifications, as in Ill trigger the notification, use the element zapper, retrigger the notification and it will appear again.

does yours do this as well, or is it particular to my configuration? I swear if they’ve spent developing hours coding unique instances to circumvent ublockorigin rather than just offering the option to turn off something they took time to add unneccesarily and make it nigh unusable, I’m going to an alternate program lol

@Marie - What is the progress on prioritizing removal of the lower left pop-up notifications. These slow the progress of work and are very frustrating.

1 Like

What I ended up doing was using a Chrome Extension like Amino or User JavaScript and CSS and adding a bit of CSS to the page to keep them from popping up. See below for the CSS:

.TipToast.ToastContainer {
    display: none;
}

.ToastManager {
    display: none;
}

Hope that helps!

6 Likes

exactly what I was after, appreciate it! much thanks

1 Like

Is it possible to turn off the balloon notifications that offer suggestions or point out something new? The ones where you have to click on the “Got it” button.

1 Like

Hi @Jim_Bezdan, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. At this time, it’s not possible to disable this feature. Is there a particular balloon appearing for a specific feature that you would like to disable?

I’ll let you know if we have any plans to change this in the future!

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath, is the ability to turn notifications off present already. It really hinders us in using the automation of tasks!

1 Like

Another plead to please give us the ability to turn these off. They serve no value and are uber annoying. Surely it’s not that hard to do.

5 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath I just thought I would add my voice to the growing tide of unhappy users. Popups informing me that the automation rules are being executed is about the worst idea I have ever heard of. It makes your product unusable. I will be moving my team to a different platform.

6 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath same here :frowning:

@Rebecca_McGrath this thread has been open for 4 years - any progress? I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment by others here. The pop-ups are extremely obtrusive and serve no purpose.

2 Likes

Hi @Chad_McEnroe, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. As it stands, we don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but we will make sure to continue bringing it up in our Voice of the Customer meetings. We will update this thread once we have any news!

@Chad_McEnroe, I posted a way we managed to make this work for our own org. It may help you out.

1 Like

How much longer are we waiting than four years on a feature request?
In terms of UX, this still blocks the left sidebar and they don’t disappear quickly enough.
They float upward and block the rest of the checkmarks when I’m working in list view.
With this many active users having asked for this request, why is Asana dragging their feet for four full years?

We need an option to remove this notification. I dislike having to click the X on each one to get them out of my way.

2 Likes

I completely agree! I added so many rules today and I was like is there really no way to turn these off. I mean it seems like something that could be taken off fairly easy.