Ability to disable pop up notifications when creating/copying/deleting a project or task

Is it possible to turn off the balloon notifications that offer suggestions or point out something new? The ones where you have to click on the “Got it” button.

1 Like

Hi @Jim_Bezdan, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. At this time, it’s not possible to disable this feature. Is there a particular balloon appearing for a specific feature that you would like to disable?

I’ll let you know if we have any plans to change this in the future!

Hello! Has this been fixed? It’s Jan 2022. Other than the Oct 2021 comment above, the last one before that is 1 year ago. I’ve searched and found no mention of a fix. Did I miss it? Where do I turn it off?

2 Likes

@Boo_N no answer means status quo: not available in the app, and the roadmap isn’t public.

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath, is the ability to turn notifications off present already. It really hinders us in using the automation of tasks!

1 Like

Agreed - this is different from the mute notifications in Inbox (unless the feature you’re developing is an update to overall notification preferences). Either way neither appear to be on roadmap. Asana - can you give a clear update on status.

1 Like

Another plead to please give us the ability to turn these off. They serve no value and are uber annoying. Surely it’s not that hard to do.

5 Likes

Well, the only workaround I did find is to hack it a bit, using Developer Tools (F12). Place the following JavaScript code into the Console window. This works until the page is refreshed. I guess it can be added to Tampermonkey or similar extension, but I didn’t test that.

var manager = document.getElementsByClassName('ToastManager'); manager[0].style.left = "auto"; manager[0].style.right = "0px";

Now notifications appears on the right.

You can also disable them using similar way:
var manager = document.getElementsByClassName('ToastManager'); manager[0].style.display = "none";

2 Likes

You can use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha?hl=fr to make it permanent

3 Likes

PLEASE!!! I am cleaning up boards due to role changes and process changes, these pop up and prevent me from doing work WAY to often.

2 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath I just thought I would add my voice to the growing tide of unhappy users. Popups informing me that the automation rules are being executed is about the worst idea I have ever heard of. It makes your product unusable. I will be moving my team to a different platform.

6 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath same here :frowning:

@Rebecca_McGrath this thread has been open for 4 years - any progress? I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment by others here. The pop-ups are extremely obtrusive and serve no purpose.

2 Likes

Hi @Chad_McEnroe, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. As it stands, we don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but we will make sure to continue bringing it up in our Voice of the Customer meetings. We will update this thread once we have any news!

@Chad_McEnroe, I posted a way we managed to make this work for our own org. It may help you out.

1 Like

How much longer are we waiting than four years on a feature request?
In terms of UX, this still blocks the left sidebar and they don’t disappear quickly enough.
They float upward and block the rest of the checkmarks when I’m working in list view.
With this many active users having asked for this request, why is Asana dragging their feet for four full years?

We need an option to remove this notification. I dislike having to click the X on each one to get them out of my way.

2 Likes

I completely agree! I added so many rules today and I was like is there really no way to turn these off. I mean it seems like something that could be taken off fairly easy.

I completely second this! I trust that the rules will be working as needed. It completely gets in the way of the screen. I am currently moving my team onto Asana and its a complete distraction and derails from the work.

2 Likes

I tried something I saw above. I downloaded the Chrome extension called “User Javascript and CSS” this morning that some of the other users mention higher up. I added this CSS to the right side window pane and saved it to affect all of asana.com.

.TipToast.ToastContainer {
display: none!important;
}

.ToastManager {
display: none!important;
}

I did a hard refresh of my Chrome browser and they’re gone. When I check off my tasks, this is overriding the CSS and keeping those floating windows away. I recommend it, Christina. It’s a quick installation and config.

1 Like

We need these pop-ups gone. They’re constantly in the way.