Ability to disable pop up notifications when creating/copying/deleting a project or task

With the new Asana features for automation (I use a lot of automation rules!), these notification have become a huge bother. Worse, the automation rule notifications do not have an ‘X’ to dismiss them. When I’m working quickly across projects these notifications get in the way constantly and cause a lot of errors and frustration. Please add the option to disable them. I encourage the Asana team to think carefully about the full UX of new features as they build them! A glaring miss in what’s otherwise a well executed product.

2 Likes

I second this. I’m trying to convince my Dev team that with the new rules Asana is a solid solution to Agile project management, but this notification really slow workflow!!

Please create an option to disable these pop ups.

2 Likes

Yes please, the pop ups really get in the way and are in an awkward place on the UI. Rules add automations, but also add pop ups that are distracting.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking to turn off these popups for 2-3 years now.

Why does it constantly ignored?

We’re just about to leave Asana now because of this issue :frowning:

7 Likes

100% agree. Asana, wtf. Some of us pay hundreds of dollars a year for this service and there are so many basic feature requests that go unsolved for YEARS. You are going to lose customers. It’s almost insulting.

there are so many features where that’s the case, this pop up growl thing being one of them. please make it possible to toggle off AND/OR decrease time they stay on screen. (undo can be helpful but still says there too long)

6 Likes

The fix could be as simple as moving the notification to the right side… Honestly it doesn’t even have to go away. Ideally there would be an option to disable them, but at least this would be a start.

4 Likes

+1 for disabling these notifications if you wish.

6 Likes

One of the many Asana annoyances that taken together mean I really hate using it

3 Likes

Ideally the notifications would have a Time-To-Live and disappear on their own without having to click the X to close them. This would be the best of both worlds; get the notification, but doesn’t permanently block the left menu.

2 Likes

Yes!! These pop ups are so annoying- and it just the worst spot too. Please Asana! make this an option to disable. !!!

3 Likes

Please allow us to disable growl notifications or move them to appear at the bottom of the screen. It’s an inconvenience to have them appear over the left menu. Thanks

2 Likes

Chiming in to agree!!!

I am importing an incredible amount of data and building out my company’s project management system and these pop-up notifications are very inconvenient.

1 Like

This is a good temporary solution. Thank you Skyler!

Yes, please allow these notifications to be disabled. I find no value in them at all. Thx.

2 Likes

Yes these popups are very annoying. Please make their display configurable so that they can be turned off.

3 Likes

Adding my voice to this, our new project templates have a rule that runs when a task is created, super annoying to have to have them interfere.

3 Likes

You can turn them off by injecting CSS rules into the interface using a tool like Amino. That’s what we do.

1 Like

This is a feature option that many people have asked for for what appears to be at least two years. @Marie is there a timeline on when the product will allow the option to disable these notifications?

2 Likes

Yes, hate these pop ups! Please fix!

3 Likes

Hi @Emily_Bianchi, I don’t have a timeline to share at the moment but will make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I do!

1 Like