Ability to create text area fields for portfolio view

Currently you can only create Single Line Text fields in the portfolio section of the the product.
This limits the “at a glance” view when you have to have multiple sets of information in one line.

Hi @anon9065227, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! :slight_smile: I’ll keep you posted if this is something our Product team implements :slight_smile:

Another vote for this. The “text” field view is very, very small. and fits four or five words at most.

The ability to drag and resize columns would be great, or the ability to show multiple lines. Either way, something is needed

1 Like

Yes, indeed. My company is using Asana, and they seem to really like it, so I was checking it out.

But if I want to add instructions to a a task, I won’t be able to see my own text once I start writing–because it remains in this tiny list view. And if we are discussing it as a team, all looking at the same monitor, we have to hover over each item one at a time, instead of seeing all the information in its proper context.I spent an hour searching for how to change the view, because it seemed obvious to me that it was a setting. But now I see it confirmed that this is the only view.

Seems like a great pm software, but I cannot use Asana this way. Hopefully that’s helpful for somebody in Product! :slight_smile: