a mix of premium and free users?

Hello,

Is there a way to designate some users in my organization as free and some as premium plan users? I believe that once you have enrolled in a premium plan that all members of your organization are automatically premium users (and, as such, we are paying for each one of them). It would be great if there was an option to assign different plans to different users as not everyone in our organization will need the full capabilities of the premium plan.

I appreciate any insights you have.

Thanks,
Stacy

1 Like

Hi @Stacy_Cibula, thanks for reaching out!

If you have an Organization, you could upgrade a specific team to premium and invite only the users who need access to premium to the team. By doing so, the rest of the teams in your Organization will remain using the basic version of Asana and one with access to premium. Please find more información in this article.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Emily. Can you direct me to some step-by-step directions on how to do this (upgrade only specific teams to Premium and leave the rest basic.) I am not seeing how to do this in the Admin Console. Every time someone joins Asana using our domain name, they have been showing up as users in our plan that we are paying for. I have not seen any option to ‘downgrade’ them.

Thanks,
Stacy

Hi @Stacy_Cibula, if you are currently using the basic version of Asana, you can upgrade one team following these steps.

Alternatively, if you already have a plan linked to the Organization, please contact our support team so we can give you a tailored answer and what would be the best way to move your plan to a team: How to contact our Support Team ✉ :slight_smile: