Workoad per week : Portfolio vs Dashboard not consistent

Hi,

If someone has a tack lasting a few days, and spread over 2 weeks, then the load per week displayed by the resource management (in the portfolios) is not the same as that displayed by the dashboards or the universal report.

Example: task with a load of 12 hours.

The task is lastong 3 days:

• but the portfolio shows 4 hours the fisrt week, and 8 hours on the second
  • while the dashboard shows 12 hours on the second week

It’s a pity that the load is not smoothed in the dashboard as it is in the portfolios.
And the risk is that most Asana users will probably not know this subtle difference because they won’t guess that 2 features that seem to do the same thing don’t actually give the same result.
Do you have any advice on how to get the correct workload in dashboards or reports? or is it something you’ll improve?

Thanks
Julien

1 Like

HI @Julien_RENAUD

You may want to check the Capacity set in Workload

Thank @Getz_Pro
My goal was more to mention that it’s confusing that the load is not smoothed in the dashboard as it is in the portfolios.

Rereading my post I realize that I was missing a sentence :wink:

"It’s a pity that the load is not smoothed in the dashboard as it is in the portfolios.
And the risk is that most Asana users will probably not know this subtle difference because they won’t guess that 2 features that seem to do the same thing don’t actually give the same result."

Hi @Julien_RENAUD, thanks for providing this feedback!

While we don’t have plans to adjust the Portfolio vs Dashboard Workload reporting feature right now, I’ll let you know if our Product team plan to make any changes in the future!