Workload taking Weekends into account

I had a question form a client wanting to use the Workload but seems like weekends are seen as non-working.
Is there a way to could Saturdays as a workday for the workload feature?

Hi @Paul_Grobler,

I don’t believe this is currently possible so I’ve moved your post to the #productfeedback until I have an update on my end!

In relation to this, you might also be interested in the following tips from our guide:

“When you have a task with multiple days, Effort will be split evenly over weekdays (skipping weekends). For example, a 10 hour task over 2 days will be 5 hours each day. If the task goes Friday to Monday, it will be 5 hours on Friday, 5 hours on Monday.”

1 Like

Hi @Marie,

I am getting to grips with the Workload function now and had a question about the quote you mentioned above. Each task automatically splits across the number of days it is assigned for, but is there a way of adjusting this manually?

For instance, if I am working on one task across 10 days, but there is another task that I need to complete during this time that will take one full day, it will show as though I am over my capacity. In reality, I will just work some of the hours for the long task on another day, but I don’t seem to be able to edit that. Could you please let me know if it is possible to adjust or if I should raise this in the suggestions?

Many thanks

Hi @Maria_Grozova :wave:t3:

At the moment, tasks taking place at the weekend are split automatically over weekdays, I’m afraid it is not possible to manually adjust this distribution. But generally speaking, it is not possible to adjust your Workload chart without editing the tasks themselves as your Workload is automatically generated based on tasks you assigned to you. If you’d like to see an option allowing you more flexibility in the future, I would recommend creating a separate #productfeedback thread.

Hope this helps Maria :slight_smile:

1 Like