Working with Clients

When working with clients and employees on a project, is it possible to create one complete Asana project with both client and employee tasks, but control what the client sees? I need the client to be responsible for tasks and visualize their tasks on a calendar, but I don’t want to provide them access to every task and due-date that our team is working on.

Anyone else have a similar use case?

Thank you!

1 Like

Unfortunately visibility is set at the Project-level (vs. Task-Level), so I don’t think it’s possible accomplish exactly what you’re looking for.

That said, could you create 2 separate projects (1 for internal work, 1 for client work) and multi-home Employee tasks from their Internal Project to the Client Project? That way, whatever is multi-homed to the Client Project is visible to the client, but you don’t need to give them access to the Employee Project with presumably a lot more tasks.

1 Like

Hi Drew, what you said makes sense. Will do, and thanks for responding!

You’re welcome!

Here’s how that could look in practice:

• Project #1 (Employee Tasks, no client visibility, except for multi-homed tasks)
    Employee Task #1
    Employee Task #2 (multi-homed to Project #2)
    Employee Task #3
    Employee Task #4
    Employee Task #5
    Employee Task #6 (multi-homed to Project #2)
    Employee Task #7

• Project #2 (Client Tasks)
    Client Task #1
    Client Task #2
    Client Task #3
    Client Task #4
    Client Task #5
    Employee Task #2 (multi-homed from Project #1) - gives client visibility into Employee work or deliverable that you think is important for them to see
    Employee Task #6 (multi-homed from Project #1) - gives client visibility into Employee work or deliverable that you think is important for them to see

1 Like

Love it, thanks for breaking it down for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great suggestions, @Drew_Shannon.

@Hannah_Szabo we also have a Guide article that outlines a recommendation for client onboarding here that shows the same setup with visuals. Hope this might help too!

1 Like

Is there a way to set up emailed reminders to the client on a customizable timeline to re-up these tasks to their inbox?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like