Workflow Level Webhook - Project Custom Field Change

Hi everyone - I have an Asana API question. I am a bit of a newbie so sorry if this is an easy fix and I am overlooking something. I am building an automation in make.com for when a user updates a Project’s custom field (not tasks, but projects), it triggers a Webhook.

I was able to successfully trigger the webhook when I watch an individual project, but I want to watch a workspace of projects or a team of projects for when a custom field on a project changes. I get the following error message when I try to filter the project resource type by custom_fields

[403] Webhooks for larger scoped resources must have at least one filter and all filters must be in our whitelist.

Here is my setup. I did have the workspace field populated, I just removed it for the screenshot. Thank you in advance!

@Michaela_S I was told by @Phil_Seeman that you have a lot of expertise in this area and might be able to help here!

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

(FYI moved to the general Developers & API section; App Components are for that specific feature of Asana)

2 Likes

@Shaffaq_Noor from some testing in Postman, it looks like if you remove the Fields/custom_fields part of the filter, then the webhook will be able to be created successfully. I was able to create both project added and project changed webhooks on a workspace, but if I added “fields” to the filter then I received the same error as you.

Since you won’t be able to use the webhook itself to filter for just custom_field changes, you’ll have to do some filtering after the webhook events are received to only take action on custom fields changes that are relevant to your business logic.

I’ll report this to our teams internally so we can determine whether this is expected behavior and potentially address it if needed.

3 Likes

@tjholsman That worked for me, thank you! I assumed a filter was required considering the error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.