Will converting to an organization affect people in my organization, but outside my workspace?

Hi there, so I work for a large university, our team of 20-25 uses Asana extensively. We’d like to convert to an organization for a couple of the benefits, the primary one being the ability to have external “guest” members participate in projects.

However, I know there are other business units that have used Asana in the past, or are currently using Asana. By converting to an orgnization, will those users then all of a sudden be considered a part of our “organization”, even if they have no idea we’re doing this? Will this impact their Asana interface, and their workspaces?

Thanks!

Hi @ken.yong and thank you for reaching out!

Please, have a look at the following Guide article to learn how convert your workspace to an Organization.

This will not impact or affect other units of the Organization that are currently using Asana but in case you wish to I’d recommend you to reach out to our Support Team who will be more than happy to take a closer look into your account and assist you further. You can contact them following these steps: How do I contact support.