Why not make sub-tasks the same color as the parent project?

I prefer to use “Projects” to assign as individual clients I work on. Then “tasks” I use for a specific project for a client. Naturally, we have a lot of recurring and duplicate tasks for each project, so I just create a template of the same sub-tasks and copy them to each new “task” I create for that particular project.

But the sub-tasks are always white. Why is that? Can they please be the same color as the parent “Project” color assigned?

I’d also love for some more color options. I’ve used all of them and some of them are way too similar.

Please let me know if anyone has this gripe or handles it differently with better results.

Thank you!

3 Likes

I also would like this feature. Thanks! It would help me to group tasks on my calendar. I would suggest, however either 1) not making it the same color but a faded version of the color (maybe more faded for each level of subtask), or 2) allowing a preference in the project to specify the color of subtasks.

4 Likes

It’s 2023 and subtasks still appear white by default. For an app with such a beautiful UI, this is quite poor from a design perspective.

1 Like