While converting a Task to Project, transfer Task Columns to Portfolio Columns

We use a project as an intake form. Once the form becomes a task and we are ready, we convert the task to a project. The columns become custom fields in the project information view. How do you get your Portfolio to then read those custom fields and populate the same columns in the portfolio view. I have the Portfolio using the exact same columns as the task that’s being converted to a project (using saved fields in our company library). I’m thinking this isn’t possible. If it’s not, it’s a waste of data and creates additional work to move the information into the Portfolio view.

Task View vs Portfolio view… the options are not going to portfolio view when converting the task to a project. I have to manually enter them again.

Any solution for this?

Hi @Rick_Esposito, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Unfortunately, this feature isn’t available at this time and I cannot think of any workarounds.

That said, I’m going to move this post to #productfeedback so folks in the community can upvote it and so our developers can get a better look at the needs of our members :slight_smile: