Where is the best place to put in repeating information for our projects?

Hi!

We’re fairly new to Asana and are still trying to get used to it. We are a contractor and need to have the following information easily and quickly viewable for projects:

Permit numbers
Project address
Basic project info

Etc

Is there a custom field we can add to the actual project?

Thanks!

Hey there @Alejandro_Tejada!

I think the project Overview tab is a great place to store this information. It’s a centralized overview of the project along with important details that aren’t task specific. There you can also add attachments, links or files (i.e. copies of permits etc.)
The bummer part though is that the Overview tab is not currently supported on the mobile apps. (Nor is the Files tab.) We are a contracting company as well, so I definitely understand this is rather a handicap since most of our users are out in the field. So far I haven’t found a better solution for mobile reference besides just adding an INFO task with the necessary project information. I would place it at the very beginning or the very end of your project so it’s quick-ish to find, but doesn’t get in the way of your day-to-day tasks. It is helpful at least that you can multi-home the task in other projects if the information applies to more than one.

Hope this is useful, if anybody has a better idea I’d like to know it as well. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I like using an INFO Section; that way info can be more granular and easily surfaced. Each task is a nugget of Info.