where is 'mark as read' feature at Inbox notification?

when I read the article

It says
" Read/unread:

If you want to read an inbox message later, you can mark it as unread. You can also mark messages as read without opening them."

but I can’t find how I mark messages as read without opening them.

Please let me know how to do

Hm yeah true I am not getting the mark as read either. Usually mark as ready basically means archiving for me as I would not have to keep it in the inbox.
If I have something else I want to work on for a task I will assign a task or subtask directly to keep the inbox clean.

Here is a nice post from Rosario: Is there a way to star or color code Inbox notifications? - #2 by Rosario_Messina

1 Like

Asana provides “Archive Notification” (shortcut E, also shows as the archive box icon) command for something that is “Mark as read”. This marks as read and moves the notification to archive.

I don’t want to archive these notifications. I would like to mark all as read, but the only way to mark these as “read” is to click it and wait 5-10 seconds. Ridiculous. Asana please bring back Mark as Read feature.

6 Likes

I have the same issue

1 Like

I used to be able to dismiss the browser notification dot by clicking the " … " button in the Inbox subject list, but now that doesn’t work, meaning I can’t tell if new messages have appeared because the dot is always in the tab title. Any update on marking messages read? Seems kind of like a pretty basic functionality from 1990s era email…

Welcome @Benjamin_Meier,

The OP was written over a year ago and the product has changed but the help cited that you can “mark as read” appears to be a documentation error (cc @Forum-team).

When you click any notification you’re marking it as read, but the only way to do this in bulk is also to archive all (Over flow “. . .” menu > Archive all).

Note that from time to time, I’ve run into a bug which usually resolves within a day or two whereby I can’t get rid of the dot even though I’ve clicked all new notifications; it sticks for some reason. Though Archive all and a refresh sometimes helps.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for flagging, @lpb ! The recent updates to the inbox are part of an A/B test. If we decide to launch the updated version, the guide article will be updated too. I’ll share this feedback with our product team :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks, @Emily_Roman, and sorry; forgot about that A/B test!