Mark Inbox message as unread needs a yellow circle

When we have new messages in the inbox, there is a yellow\orange circle next to the word “Inbox,” which is a great indicator and reminder that we have unread messages to look at in the inbox.

After reading a message, we may want to deal with the message later so there is an option to mark the message as “unread.” However, this will only place a blue circle on the message itself but doesn’t recreate the yellow\orange circle by the word “Inbox” so we have no way to remember that there is an unread message that we need to get back to.

Can there be a way to put back the yellow\orange circle, next to the word “Inbox?”

Hi @Zvi_Twersky, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to see the yellow/orange circle :orange_circle: after you open the inbox to see the new notifications. You will only be able to mark individual notifications as unread to see the blue icon. We don’t have plans to implement this feature at the moment but I’ll keep you posted once I have any updates!

So mark the inbox with a BLUE circle, something to indicate that there are messages that need to be dealt with.

If the developers don’t have plans to implement this, it doesn’t mean it’s not a great feature, it just means that they didn’t think of it.

Everyone else does this as well; when you mark an email as Unread, Gmail will convert it to look like a totally new email. When you mark a Whatsapp message as Unread, it will give the parent message a green circle.

Asana already has the code to mark Unread messages with a blue circle, so to add one more line of code to also make the Inbox have a blue circle shouldn’t be that difficult and shouldn’t mess up anything else on the platform.

Can you at least please move this to the suggestions section so people can vote on it?

Thank you.

It is in the Product Feedback category now, I am upvoting!

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me, @Zvi_Twersky! I moved your thread to the #productfeedback category :slight_smile: We’ll also make sure to share this idea with the product team in upcoming Voice of the Customer meetings for Inbox!

1 Like