When searching from within a project, only show results from within that project

Currently when you search while viewing a project, the search results display items under every project. It would be helpful to select to show search items from the project that you’re in.

For example, we run many events that have recurring tasks. For example, a program. When we search for “program” in the search bar, from within a project, it shows all the “program” tasks for every ASANA board/event. It makes finding the right task very difficult.

Hi :wave:
I would find this limitating, as a lot of people are using the search to navigate. So often we would want to get out of the project to another task using the search…

I agree with @Bastien_Siebman!

If you wish to search in the project you’re looking at, I would recommend using your computer search function (Cmd/Ctrl + F); alternatively, you could use the Advanced Search to limit your search to a specific project (https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/search).

Seems like I need to look into advanced search. Thanks!

Hi @Madeline, @Bastien_Siebman, @Marie,
I implemented a shortcut button to search tasks in the currently open project/tag/my tasks/other user, in my Asana Navigator: Unofficial efficiency Google Chrome extension to enhance navigation for Asana tasks.
When you click on the shortcut button, the corresponding field in Advanced Search will be populated.
I will do some testing and publish the new version tomorrow!

3 Likes

That’s fantastic @ShunS! Thanks for creating this feature and sharing it with us in the Forum :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like